< > Alchemy for Dummies 2: Memorial Day

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day

Busy weekend! Our internet connection keeps coming and going.

friday my INR was 2.0 Yeay!
Friday we went with Betsy's church group to see "The Da Vinci Code" with discussion after. I didn't like how the movie ended. SPOILER ALERT: I am about to give details, so if you have not read the book or watched the movie, stop now!!Go down to Spoiler End-
OK, why make grandpa not grandpa? Why get rid of the brother, he just doesn't exist? And while I like the "Jesus" humor what happened to Sophie and Langdon getting together? No romance/sex for Jesus's many times great grand-daughter?
SPOILER ENDS
But otheerwise ok movie. The Unity folks read way too much into it , btw. And why didn't more of them read the book? Oh well.

Saturday was kind of a wash.

Sunday we went to the zoo-twice. The first time there was a kid who wouldn't honor our volunteer free passes without our volunteer badges. I felt like saying "Badges, we don't need no stinkin badges!" but I doubt he'd get the reference, so we came home and got the badges. We got to pet stingrays and sharks!

Then Monday over to Helen and Jay's for kind of a picnic on their porch. Nice but too hot1 Whew temps in the 90's. Biggest news was Helen quit smoking for 9 weeks now. Yeay!

So now dramatic drumroll..... I wasn't feeling totally 100% this AM, tired and a little odd. Took my pulse and BP> BP fine, pulse 120!! Called cardiologist who had me come right over for an emergency EKG. Left work, got that done. Yep- back in atrial flutter. DAMN! And my INR was only 1.8 today. So another INR on Friday 09 Jun , and another visit to the cardiologist on 13 Jun for cardioversion ASAP after. DRAT!! Of course, I may just snap out of the flutter. Not likely, but possible.
Stay tuned,
Roger out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home