< > Alchemy for Dummies 2: Where Does Time Go?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where Does Time Go?

Is it because we kill time? What happens to it? Tuesday I heard an ad for the Intergalactic Bead Show here in Cleveland. Betsy and I had enjoyed a previous visit and I had occasion to refer to it not too long ago and even mentioned my Tibetan death beads. Now if you had asked me I would have said we went about 4 or 5 years ago at the most. Yesterday afternoon i found a bead we had bought then, a special year bead. It was for "2000" TEN years ago. As an experiment I asked Betsy how long ago had it been. She too said a few years, no more than 5 or 6. She too was surprised to find out it was 10! Just this AM I was surprised in a very small way. Last week I forgot to take out the trash on Thursday. I kicked myself for it later that day, only to remember last Friday that since Monday the 15th was a holiday then trash went out a day late. So I hustled and got it out. Today I totally forgot it was Thursday, even after hearing "Knuckleheads In The News" a Thursday AM feature of the Lanigan and Malone show on WMJI. When I came downstairs at a bit after 10 AM, when the show went off;after I had read a bit, and found my glasses, and Betsy's cell phone; I realized it was Thursday, checked and found no one's trash still out. They had come early today.

I guess what I am getting at is that there are far too many days we just forget as "background" unless something really unusual, very good, or very bad happens on those days. We need to do more to make our days stand out people.
Now it's not that we haven't been busy in those 10 years since the first (and only) bead show we went to. We've seen movies, plays, concerts, taken trips, been hired and fired a few times, had new cats, lost old cats, been naked in strange places (Bonjour!) and then had our portrait hanging in strange places as well, bought cars and had cars go, been to weddings and funerals. I couldn't begin to list ten years of even the highlight-good and bad. But why don't we have a better sense then of time having past? I just don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home