< > Alchemy for Dummies 2: Finding the Sacred Feminine in PHC and Alchemy In Robert Nathan

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Finding the Sacred Feminine in PHC and Alchemy In Robert Nathan

It's been a quiet day here in Cleveland Heights. My illness prevented me from going out to the many festivals so I read and, later, Betsy, Troy and I went to see the Prairie Home Companion movie(my second time). In Robert Nathan's "The Devil With Love" I came across a demon, who does alchemy, and an alchemical prescription. Then in "The Bishop's Wife" an angel in love with a woman. And in PHC an angel, Asphodel, who is at least sometimes an angel of death, but she also comforts the sad-and put the face of God in oatmeal at least once. Asphodel when I researched, is a plant from the Mediterranean, associated with the dead. It also happened to be the first name of Asphodel Long, a person steeped in the Sacred Feminine. http://www.asphodel-long.com/ So as my old friend Charles Fort said, everything is a circle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home