< > Alchemy for Dummies 2: A Bit of Humor in the "News"

Monday, April 10, 2006

A Bit of Humor in the "News"

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:22 am Post subject: A Bit of Humor

Spencer still has very little name recognition here in the US, even in Cleveland where his largest North American installation took place. However that seems to be changing. You will appreciate the small bit of humor that happened this AM on our local news radio, WTAM. A traffic report at 6:40 AM stated a naked man was seen near a certain intersection on the West side of town. Betsy and I laughed and jokingly said we wondered if Spencer was in town. As soon as the traffic/ weather ended one of the news personalities also joked, "Is that artist who does the naked people in town?" and the other came back with "Spencer Tunick. Is he in town? The guy is there naked(saying)"They told me to show up." It was a quick bit and funnier because Betsy and I had just said the same thing. Roger_________________

rcoss2001Site AdminJoined: 28 Mar 2006Posts: 43Location: Cleveland Heights, OH USA
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 am Post subject: Bit of Humor Part 2

Today Betsy and I made the "news" ... and we missed it. As I posted in the above story, a local news station, WTAM, had just a small joke about Spencer. I took the opportunity to send in an email to the host and tell him Betsy and I were laughing along with him, as we had posed for Spencer, and gave him the address of our site. Today at about 0745 he read my email on the air! Betsy and I were on our way to work, but this morning had not had the radio on, drat it. However one of my coworkers heard it and called me when he came in. He said "When I heard them read an email about Spencer Tunick from Roger, I said to myself I'd bet $100 dollars that was you." Which it was. Alas we were not listening this time around.

http://www.wtam.com/main.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home